Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What Time Is IT?!?!.....And Smoking

GAMETIME!!!!

So...It's game week.  This is the week we've all been waiting for since January, the start of College Football.  We start off the week with an excellent matchup on ESPN, Thursday, Aug 29th @ 5:00pm CST, USC (The SEC Version, not the PAC 12 version) vs UNC.  Followed by Ole Miss vs Vanderbilt @ 8:15pm.  These are really the only games that matter on Thursday since they are the only SEC games on.  Then Saturday rolls around and we have a game filled day. Other than the best SEC team of all time playing, The Arkansas Razorbacks, we have a good matchup with Mississippi State vs Oklahoma State.  This should really be a good game.  We also have Alabama vs Virginia Tech, Georgia vs Clemson, and LSU vs TCU.  All in all, It's going to be a good week 1.

Staying on the topic of Razorbacks.  I was reading one of the ESPN SEC Bloggers' posts yesterday.  Edward Aschoff posted his SEC Preseason Power Rankings yesterday.  For the most part I agreed with the outcome other than he put my Razorbacks 2nd to last....just ahead of Kentucky.  I've never really liked Edward too much simply because he bashes the Hogs just about every season.  I may be a little biased here but I think the Hogs deserve a bit more credit.  Definitely should have been put above Auburn and Missouri.  He said something about Coach Bielema generating alot of excitement but the players needing to match it.  Sounds to me like he needs to take a look at more of the Arkansas Razorback film.  These guys are more excited about hitting someone in a game than I've seen in a long time.  Get your facts straight Mr. Aschoff.  I'll remind you of your ignorance come November.  Then maybe we can get your Football Facts Straight!

So, on a different note.  While I was driving into work this morning, I noticed this Blue Pontiac G6 had some writing on the rear window.  The writing said something like "Honk if Cancer Sucks" then underneath it all was something that read "In Memory of .......(too small for me to read while driving as fast as I was)."  So while I as contemplating Honking....because Cancer does suck.....I take a look at the lady driving the car....yup....She was smoking....SMOKING!!!!!  Isn't there this little label on a pack of cigarettes that say something like this may cause CANCER!!! The very thing you have written on you car you are inviting into your body.  Apparently, Cancer doesn't suck as much as not smoking.  You must just be completely oblivious to the fact that you are promoting cancer while also saying it sucks.  I now wonder if the "In Memory of " part was in reference to herself.

So....way off topic here....but just had to stick this in because I find it hilarious!  So my 2 year old daughter has been repeating things we are saying here lately.  After Madam Martinez took my daughter to the restroom, she looking in the toilet and said "That's a big turd".  So now, every time my daughter uses the restroom, it's "There's big turds" or "There's no big turds"  

Thanks for reading
The Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment