Wednesday, August 21, 2013

What's Wrong in this Picture?

It has come to my attention that Reality TV has taken over the airways.  How do I know this you ask....my wife, aka Madam Martinez, watches over 50 of these shows (I stopped counting at 50) per year.  Now, I do like to watch things like Hell's Kitchen and Duck Dynasty mainly because they are funny.  However, I do not get why people watch these Housewives shows, Teen Mom, Dance Mom, Bachelor, and this list goes on and on....and on.....and...you get it.  It's just a bunch of people arguing and creating drama for no reason other than for the show.  It's dumb.  There is really nothing "Reality" about Reality TV.  It's all cut to be the Over-The-Top dramatic show with random camera shakes and stupid sounds.

I tend to watch on regular occasion the Rooster Teeth Podcast.  On this Podcast they talk about random things ( anything from their personal lives to gaming ((and I mean everything))).  One topic that Gavin brought up was American Reality TV.  This guy happens to be a British video/video editing guy.  He said on the show that he really doesn't get American TV.  It's cut to be overly dramatic and the music/sound effects behind it all is ridiculous.  I happen to agree.  So why is it that America's version of Reality TV is so popular?  I DON'T GET IT.  Go watch "24" or some other TV show that is actually worth watching.  I'm sure there is some drama filled, non-reality TV show that can fill your daily drama intake!

Now to a different topic (<--Blog Segue).

So how is that we have politicians that are born and bread to be politicians?  These folks have no idea how the little guy feels.  They are born with silver spoons and fed through private schools while given every opportunity to succeed as a politician.  Us normal people actually have to WORK to get what we want.  Some of us even served in the military in order to pay for our education.  Here's another question.  How can the President of the United States hold the title "Commander In Chief" if he has 0, Zero, no military experience what so ever!!!  I mean how can you lead a military if you yourself have never been in those shoes.  It's easy to give orders to someone and expect them to follow it.  It would be much more difficult to give those orders if you had been in their shoes before.  In my opinion, we should never have a president that hasn't served in our nations military.

Maybe next time we can dig into the topic of Guns....Lots of Guns!

But until then,  Thanks for Reading
The Martinez

1 comment: